- Benefits of Yoga;
- Improves flexibility, strength and posture,
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Helps concentration and balance,
- Boosts your immune system,
- Helps with depression,
- Releases tension,
- Enhances relaxation
- Offers peace of mind and inner strength
Yoga is about movement but remaining still, it’s about changing but accepting the way we are, it’s about investigating our limits and pushing them further, but being kind to ourselves & allowing ourselves to stop. Yoga’s about finding the place inside ourselves that has the answers to all we need to know. Once we quiet the mind the answers to our deepest desire will gently unfold!
If yoga were an iceberg the physical benefits of our practice would just be the tip. The base would be the immense, intangible mind and soul benefits. Yoga is not just movement through poses. In fact the poses are just 1 of 8 Limbs or parts of traditional yoga practice.
“Yoga Chitta Vritti Niroda” the Yoga Sutra’s of Pantanjali ” yoga is the cessation of the fluctuations of the mind stuff”
8 limbs are:
- Yama – Moral codes in the treatment of others. a) non-violence b) non stealing c)truthfulness d)non excess e)non greed
- Niyamas – Observations on how to personally conduct your life a)Purity b)discipline c) contentment d) surrender to greater being e) self-study
- Asanas – Physical postures performed on our mat
- Pranyama – Breathing exercises
- Pratyahara – Control of the senses
- Dharana – Concentration and directing awareness inwards
- Dhyana – Meditation
- Samadhi – Enlightenment, Bliss
The practice of the first four limbs gets our mind and body in shape for meditation. As we move deeper into our practice we mindfully control our senses and focus on meditation to achieve the ultimate, Samadhi. Utter mindfulness and bliss.
Reiki & Seichem
(霊気) Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that the “life force energy” Prana or Ki flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. It was re-discovered in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui,
A treatment generally feels calming & is practiced on a plinth or bed with the client fully clothed & relaxed. It is a non invasive practice that supports any medical treatment or drugs prescribed by your doctor. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit. It can induce relaxation and feelings of peace, security and well-being.
Reiki healing stimulates Earth energy,
Seichem adds the activation of Fire, Water and Air energy greatly enhancing the healing of a treatment. Fire energy work on the aura and burns and dissolves blockages. Water energy washes away emotional blockages. Re discovered in the great pyramids this healing modality enhanced the profound benefits of Reiki
Treatments in the comfort of your home €65 per visit or €220 for 4 sessions
All sessions run between 1 hour & 15min & 1 hour & 1/2.