Month: January 2017
Stressed, no time, too busy…Why go on a Yoga retreat?
For many of us life has become a frenzy. We’re working longer hours, moving faster, rushing our food, panicking over our ‘to do list’ and coming home to repeat the same pattern in our ‘time off’. The work life balance has tipped in the wrong direction leading to stress, fatigue, ill health and a disregard for our own wellbeing. We feel guilty over not having the time for the people we love, or to do the things that we love and that fill our soul.
We overcompensate for this sense of lack by ‘buying’ the latest accessory whether it be a book, a car or fashion. The novelty wears off and we go after the next fad and so on and so forth, none of which fulfils us or helps us to achieve a sense of purpose. Nor does it help us to find balance in our lives or improve our health.
So what does a retreat do?
- It gives us the opportunity to step out of our hectic life and view it from a different perspective.
- It allows us a chance to stop, breath, study and re-evaluate where we are and where we are going.
- It offers tools to help cope with the stress of our daily life and find methods that suit us, to improve our health and overall wellbeing.
- It helps us gain insight into how life can be and helps us to rediscover balance.
- It’s an opportunity a few times a year or every few years to step back and gain perspective.
- It improves health and can change patterns that no longer serve us.
- It feels so rejuvinating and refreshing
Life is fleeting, do more than just exist!
Retreat Feb 17th- 19th; Donard, Co Wicklow; yoga experience not necessary, open to all levels of practitioners.
This is the tagline I put on my business card two years ago…DO MORE THAN JUST EXIST. What a sentence, can you feel its power?
I’ve just spend two days listening to some “Ordinary” people do extraordinary things to quote Lisa Nichol at the Pendulum Summit. An amazing annual two day event at CCD put together by Frankie & Norma Sheehan. Their dream was to inspire, build hope and motive as many people as possible to be the best version of themselves.
I have walked away with so much more than I though. Jack Canfield, Dr Demartini, Keith Cunningham, Lisa Nichols and Keith Ferrazi were thought provoking; I can be and change and inspire if that’s what I really want.
- Be careful of your thoughts, they become things
- The universe will give you what you want
- Focus on positive not negative things; you get the results that you respond to.
- There is enough for everyone
- Your purpose and mission is what you want it to be
- If what you do creates Joy, love, freedom …it’ll create more.
So grateful to all these ‘ordinary people’ for the passing on their knowledge…watch what I’m going to do with it!!!!!
Jack Canfield. my good self and Keith Ferrazzi
Dr J Demartini. Lisa Nichols
Well we did it, enjoyed another holiday season and came out the other end!! Its now time for fresh ideas and thoughts of improvement. Just thought this clip from Deads Poet Society would help spark a little inspiration.